image
Thursday, October 30, 2008

INSOMNIA
(AND THE LORD OF DREAMS)

And in this hour of darkness,
When the moon shines her brightest
And crickets no longer sing songs of ecstasy,
The world has stopped to take a rest
While I – a restless zombie.

The Sandman must’ve forgotten to pass by
I exchange ideas with my so called conscience.
He’s not so cruel to deprive me of Sleep.
So I wait for him, I guess it makes sense
And close my eyes to count sheep.

I toss and turn to abolish discomfort
I rise to fill the room with soothing light
And attempt to make sense out of paperbacks.
I try to doze off with all my might
But I just can’t manage to relax.

The Sandman’s not coming.
Perhaps tied up with his Realm of Dreams?
Yeah, I get it. He’s too busy, I know.
And since everybody’s sleeping, it seems
His business is anything but slow.


---
lit piece. thank you, brain. you can rest now. :D
On the Other Hand: why rely on the Sandman for sleep?

2:44 PM


Tagboard