image
Wednesday, December 3, 2008

DAPAT KASI NUNG SUNDAY AKO NAG-UPDATE.
kaya lang pausog nang pausog kasi tinatamad ako.

kunwari nalang sunday ngayon. :)

I believe November 30 is the National Volkswagen Appreciation Day, 'cause, swear, I've seen at least 15 Volkswagen cars. There were even lines of VW Beetles parading somewhere near Tiendesitas/C5. There were also about 5 VWs driving along Fort Bonifacio. Cool noh? :D

While I was brushing my teeth, I've formed such a weird theory about the origin of Super DUPER. I mean. Why DUPER, not TUPER or YUPER or WUPER? Why super DUPER?

I believe that super DUPER is a product of some typographical error. The first person who used this wanted to type SUPER SUPER to emphasize the super-ness of something. Blah. Blah. Blah. Then after typing the typo, he/she wasn't able to erase it 'cause there was no liquid paper or backspace or whatever. And assuming that this was when typewriters were, well... new, he/she was too lazy to type the whole thing again.

And so the typo-ed SUPER SUPER became SUPER DUPER. YEY! :D

7:40 PM


Tagboard